If you want to stay at home and be as independent as possible, but don’t require all the services offered by the ALSM at Home program, our Companion Plus program can provide just the supportive services you need.
Companion Plus home care services can include:
- Light housekeeping
- Companionship (including overnight and weekends)
- Home management (such as sorting and organizing mail or assisting in paying bills)
Your Home. Your Time. Your Needs.
In-home care through Companion Plus can be scheduled according to your needs. Our team members and caregivers have been screened and trained to meet ALSM’s high standards of employment. These standards include:
- A minimum of 40 hours of training
- Basic first aid and CPR certification
- Training by registered nurses to provide personal care
- Pre-employment criminal history clearances and medical evaluation
- Annual tuberculosis (TB) screening
- Regular monitoring by supervisory and nursing staff
We work with our staff and you to develop a schedule that offers as much consistency in caregivers as possible. We know that relationships often form, and we try to accommodate participants’ preferences.
Companion Plus services are offered in Blair, Cambria and Somerset Counties. For more information, call us at 1-814-696-4568 or toll free at 1-855-280-2576.