Behavior Intervention Specialist
Children’s Services/Head Start
has an opening for a
BEHAVIOR INTERVENTION SPECIALIST
MONDAY – FRIDAY
NO WEEKENDS, NO HOLIDAYS
• Provides behavioral support and strategies to help strengthen children’s social-emotional skills and improve their ability to learn.
• Supports teaching staff in the establishment of and maintaining positive and productive partnerships with families.
• Coordinates, develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates behavioral/mental health concerns.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mental Health/Psychology/Social Work, Early Childhood Education, Special Education or a related field required.
• Minimum of two years of professional experience observing, assessing, planning, and implementing behavioral health strategies with young children.
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred.
• Experience working with the Head Start and Pre-K Counts programs preferred.
• Must have valid PA. Driver’s license. Act 31 and 34/151 and FBI clearances required.
This is a non-supervisory position that reports to the
Disabilities/Mental Health Transition Manager.
998 Logan Blvd
Altoona, PA 16602
FAX: (814) 696-4561
ALLEGHENY LUTHERAN SOCIAL MINISTRIES
is an Equal Opportunity Employer