Senior Daily Living Centers
Our Senior Daily Living Centers provide adult day services for a safe and secure daytime “home away from home” for senior adults whose caregivers must work or tend to other responsibilities. With centers located in Altoona, Meyersdale and Somerset, services offered at each location focus on the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of each person. The centers offer a wide range of individual and group activities, computer equipment with software focusing on enhancing cognitive fitness, lunch, transportation assistance and much more.
Adult day services at an ALSM Senior Daily Living Center can include:
- Daily activities geared toward various levels of ability
- Cognitive and physical stimulation
- Morning and afternoon snacks
- Nutritious lunch provided by local Area Agencies on Aging
- Personal care (grooming, hygiene)
- Occupational, physical and speech therapy available through a contracted provider
- Licensed beautician services (availability varies based on location)
Nursing services can include:
- Medication administration
- Diabetes checks
- Nourishment and dietary supplements
- Bathing, personal care and skin care
- Incontinence care
- Gait training
- Range of motion and use of adaptive equipment
- Total assessments, include monitoring of vital signs
- Podiatry services by a licensed podiatrist (availability varies based on location)
We welcome adults over 60 who have some impairment such as:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Physical or cognitive limitations
- Social isolation
We also welcome adults under 60 who have special needs.
Participation in ALSM’s Senior Adult Living Center programs benefits seniors and their family of caregivers in many ways. Carefully structured activities that cultivate a sense of belonging help friendships develop and grow. We promote physical wellness with a daily exercise program designed to enhance mobility and independence, and use current technology for improving behavioral health.
As a caregiver, your loved one depends on you. This program affords you respite so you may:
- Continue to work or go back to work.
- Rest, relax and revitalize to help you maintain your physical and behavioral health.
- Feel caught-up again, and less frustrated, when you have time to take care of other business, household chores or simply complete personal errands.
Participation in the ALSM Senior Daily Living Center program offers peace of mind. Our team of trained caregivers take pride in providing high-quality care to your loved one. They are committed to making sure your family member receives personal care and supervision in a safe, caring and secure environment.
701 Quail Avenue, Altoona, PA 16602
120 North Road, Meyersdale, PA 15552
231 Tabernacle Drive, Somerset, PA 15501